Monday, November 19, 2012

E.L.F Studio Powder Brush Review

Hey♪
This week's first review is all about a brush that I'm very glad to have. E.L.F's Studio Powder Brush! :)
By the way, E.L.F stands for Eyes.Lips.Face ♥
 

So let's start!

Product Claims: 
This Taklon brush can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create flawless look with this e.l.f studio brush!
  • Creates a professional sculpted look
  • Full coverage color
  • Use with powder or blush for perfect contouring
Directions:
Dip the brush into powder and the tap off excess. Start near the hairline and work inward as to not over apply the color.

This brush is made of synthetic hair and works well with liquid foundations.
So I guess most people use this on their makeup/foundations but since I don't do that, I only use this when I want to apply a thin layer of my powder.


The brush itself is quite tall! Taller that my PSP. Lol. But I love it coz it really looks professional :)

I also love the black motif of the brush. I love black. Très jolie

I have a sensitive skin so I don't like using brushes on my face but I've seen a lot of raves about how soft this brush is that's why I chose this and I wasn't wrong! This is extremely soft and I'm 100% positive that it won't irritate my skin at all :) ス・テ・キヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

I use this with the powder pact I got from The FaceShop. I don't like how the puff gives me too much product than I actually want. Yes, that's how picky I am when it comes to applying powder. I only want a thin layer of it on my face. I still use the puff when I need to reapply powder during midday but I'm very careful with the amount I put. Lol.

Care Instructions
The packaging also comes with the proper care instructions for the brush so here's what's written:
  • Cleanse regularly with the e.l.f Studio Daily Brush Cleanser and e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo to maintain perfect color application and to increase the longevity of your brush. Absorb excess moisture with a towel, reshape hair and lay flat to dry.
You can lay it on a towel and leave it overnight and it'll be dry when you wake up. Or if you washed it during the day, it takes about 6 hours for it to completely become dry :)
And again, since mine doesn't come in contact with actual "makeup products", I don't need any special cleanser for it. In fact I just use mild baby soap to clean it. Haha :D
One tip though, try not to dip the whole brush in the water as it might damage the handle.



Here's a photo taken this morning. The hair's completely dry and it's back to its shape :) 
I've washed this for like 4~5 times already and I'm happy to say that I have not encountered any bleeding or shedding at all. Yay!

Pros: 
  • no shedding or bleeding!
  • super soooft! (>_<)
  • looks very chic and professional :)
  • the handle is quite sturdy
  • amazing product and it's very affordable too!
  • picks up the right amount of powder
Cons:
  • no cons here :)
Overall, this is a must have for every girl's makeup stash especially those who use makeup. But for those who don't, I'm sure you can find a use for this brush like what I did :)

では!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my go to brushes. Super affordable and good quality. Great for powders ad liquids. I have a few of these and I have to say sometimes the handle comes off. Nothing some crazy glue won't fix though. Great review.

    ReplyDelete